The proposed school will be located at the Hayloft Motel in South Salem.
The program includes five classrooms, multi-purpose room, staff's office,
reception lobby, and kitchen and restroom. Each classroom will have
a practical life area, a restroom, and direct access to the outdoor
deck and garden area. Open outdoor space will include a Pond, Nature
Trail, playground, and field totalling 6.4 acres.
Many green strategies were in employed in the design of this new facility.
- Protect and restore habitat and promote biodiversity
- Maximize open space
- Manage storm water quantity and quality by using pervious pavement
system and on-site runoff filtration system
- Reduce heat island effect by installing a high Solar Reflectance Index
(SRI) valued pavement and roofing system
- Reduce light pollution
- Water efficient landscaping
- Reduce overall water use
- Utilize building materials with Recycled Content
- Utilize building materials with Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Provide 90% daylight and views for all occupants within the building
visit ThistleWaithe Learning Center's website
Project Architect: Patrick Brennan
Project Designer: Patrick Brennan, Sam Wong